During the winter, the antifreeze in your radiator is needed to keep your engine from becoming ice. In the summer months, however, that same fluid – which is then known as coolant – keeps your engine cool. An overheated engine can cause serious damage, so it’s important that you keep your coolant levels adequate at all times. Inspect your coolant levels any time by following these 5 easy steps:
1. With your engine turned off and cold, open the hood of your car.
2. Locate the coolant overflow tank right next to the radiator. If you have an older car, you may not have this compartment and will have to check coolant levels by looking into the actual radiator.
3. The coolant overflow tank should be translucent, which means you can inspect the fluid without unscrewing the cap. Look at the markings on the side and make sure that the fluid level is in between the “full” and “low” markings.
4. If you do not have a coolant overflow tank, unscrew the lid on your radiator and use a dipstick to check the fluid level.
5. If coolant is low, fill the overflow compartment with a premixed coolant (half water, half coolant). Your tank should always be a 50/50 mix of water and coolant.
Learn more do-it-yourself maintenance tips at your local Bloomington Kia dealership.
The 2014 Kia Sportage is a nimble, compact crossover perfect for navigating the winter roads of the Midwest and driving city highways.
The Sportage seats five and comes standard with front-wheel drive and a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission; a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine is optional. The Sportage is available in three trim levels: the LX, EX and SX, which all offer two- and all-wheel-drive options.
Whether you are going to Grandma’s house or to see the Grand Canyon, a road trip can be a fun way to sneak in a little extra quality family time. Not only do you get to explore new places together, you will be able to play games and talk freely with the whole family, which is something you just can’t do on a crowded plane.
Before you set off for your next family road trip, be sure to review a few of rules to ensure that your road trip is more fun than fiasco. Continue reading
Losing a car key can make any day turn stressful quickly, and it’s best to deal with the situation as soon as possible. Instead of waiting and hoping that the key will eventually show up, call your dealership to have it replaced. That way if you eventually find the original one, you’ll have a spare in case the situation ever occurs again. Continue reading
The 2014 Kia Rio is a functional compact car that offers performance without compromise, which is why it’s a favorite among Bloomington car dealers. The sculpted, aerodynamic shape is sure to turn heads among used cars in Bloomington, MN, and in interior amenities will cause you to fall in love with the Rio, available from your local Kia car dealership in Minneapolis. These interior amenities include, but are not limited to: Bluetooth wireless technology, a push button ignition, and a UVO Infotainment system. Continue reading